There are 3 sections of videos.
The first group are the ones for your Community Service. Complete all 20 and receive 10 community service hours.
- The second group below are for extra community service hours. Complete all 4 and get an additional 5 community service hours.
- The third group are for the Tuesday night group. If you miss group, you'll have 2 days to complete the video summary for credit.
COMMUNITY SERVICE VIDEOS
You must complete a VIDEO SUMMARY SHEET, using the link below, for each video.
TED is a nonprofit organization dedicated to sharing important ideas on a variety of topics. TED brings together the world’s most innovative people to deliver short, powerful talks on issues that matter. These 18-minute-or-less TED Talks can be a phenomenal resource. Here are some of the best TED Talks students will find informative, funny, and uplifting.
14. The benefits of a good night's sleep - Shai Marcu
15. How drugs affect the brain
16. How stress affects the brain
17. Working backwards to solve problems
18. The benefits of Mindfulness
19. Why people get anxious about math!
EXTRA CREDIT VIDEOS
The following videos will earn you 5 Extra Hours but require a short summary after watching each one. I am looking for a simple report on each story (the characters, what happens, and the impact it had on you).
1. The Bully
3. Amanda Todd - Teens React
4. David Osborne - Be a Person of Your Word
Part 3: MY CHALLENGES
Part 4: MY EDUCATION
ONLINE GROUP VIDEOS/LESSONS
Week 1. Leadership VIDEO
Week 1. Leadership Summary Sheet
Week 3. Finding Your Meaning in Life VIDEO
Week 3. Finding Meaning Summary Sheet
Week 4. The Empty Pickle Jar VIDEO
Week 4. What Matters Most In Life VIDEO
Week 5: Mindfulness Intro
Week 6: Wearing Masks
Week 6: Week 6 Summary Sheet
Week 7-1: Don't be quick to judge
Week 7-2: Before you judge someone
Week 8: How Do You Define Yourself
Week 9: Release: A Mindfulness Video
Week 9: Summary Survey: Mindfulness
Week 10: Summary Questions: Do What You Like